The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently, while moving around the power cords behind my tank, I noticed that the solenoid to my JBJ regulator will start to click on and off if moved. It works perfectly fine when not disturbed. Should I worry about this? I'm guessing it's a loose connection where the powercord connects to the solenoid.

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
As long as it's stable when not moved, I wouldn't worry about it. Just make sure it turns off and on when you want/need it to.

·
Doesn't like Kool-Aid
10,125 Posts
The plug could be loose, or the wire going into the solenoid could possibly be damaged.

Give it a look.

Mike

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I took another look at it, I isolated the problem to the connection between the wires and the solenoid. I think my best bet is to let it be, and if it breaks, then I'll have to re-solder it.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I took another look at it, I isolated the problem to the connection between the wires and the solenoid. I think my best bet is to let it be, and if it breaks, then I'll have to re-solder it.

I would fix it. That's gonna start arcing and may cause a fire. At the very least, it puts a lot of resistance into the line which could burn out the solenoid coil.

Tommy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts