The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am posting to see if anyone else has had the same problems or if I'm doing something wrong.

I have a couple different regulators so I 'think' I know how to hook one up. But when I use the Azoo I bought, by the time I get the nut tight enough on the CO2 Canister, the other end of the post has loosened going into the regulator. I sent the first one back and they said it was bad and replaced it, but now the 2nd one has gone bad on the 2nd time hooking it up to the canister.

I know you're supposed to tighten the nut on the canister as tight as possible, but there's not way to tighten it without turning the regulator until it touches the canister and can't turn anymore. If you tighten any further you start to UN-tighten the other end (the end that goes into the regulator).

Am I doing something wrong?

·
Banned
5,009 Posts
I've had two of the Azoo regulators and they always worked fine for me.

When you see that the regulator is going to hit, just loosen the nut a tad and rotate the regulator enough so that it won't touch when you tighten it good and tight.

Did I answer your question?

Did you notice that you called your thread "JBJ Regulators: 2nd one bad" and mentioned Azoo regulators in your post.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I have been using a JBJ for about 6 years now and have not had any problems. Are you saying that the nut to tighten the regulator to your tank does not spin freely on it's shaft, thereby causing the guage portion of the regulator to turn?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.