The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a JBJ 30" single tube fixture that contains two fans. I guess I should have done more research before buying because after reading the reviews on the forum I see everyone has the same problem. I read some post in the DIY section that describe how to hook up magnetic levitation fans to an external power source but those posts seem to be from a couple of years ago. Are there any new quiet fans that will plug right into the fixture without cutting and splicing the wires. I hope there is an easy fix to this problem.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you try just disconnect the fan, I saw a JBJ unit at my LFS and they have all the fan disconnected, it seem to be working fine. Becareful though to make sure thing don't overheat too much, this is just a suggestion.

I thought about just disconnecting the fans seeing as most single tube 30" fixtures do not have fans but I do worry about it overheating.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.