The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have quick question, what is the easiest or best way to attach some java moss to driftwood???????

·
Registered
183 Posts
i used uncolored, undyed cotton thread from my moms sewing supply stash. I read that it usually deteriorates by the time the roots take hold so basically, no cutting or ugly rubberbands. A lot of people use fishing line, and stuff as well!:biggrin:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats what I thought because I do that in my reef tank but just wanted to make sure thanks.

·
Super Moderator
12,114 Posts
Black cotton thread is a good suggestion, as is clear fishing line. The advantage with cotton threading is that it deteriorates by the time the roots take hold, as Kittysnax mentioned.

In addition, many people use cyanoacrylate (super) glue; the gel type is especially effective for gluing plants to driftwood/rocks.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I've used small hair ties that don't have the metal clip. While I'm sure that there are better solutions (the cotton thread sounds the best to me) I felt too lazy to actually bother to do that. The elastic keeps a good hold on the plant, but you can still move it if you want or need to. Also, the elastic eventually weakens, so I just break it to remove it.
Like I said, not the best option, but it's what I do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.