The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about getting some knitting stuff that you weave moss into to make a wall..

How can you make a wall thats curved? What would the best way to be to make a java moss wall around the intake tubing..

or.. better yet, could I get it to wrap around the intake tube and just have the tube coated with moss? Maybe that could be a shrimp climbing pole or something

·
Registered
205 Posts
I did this in the corner of my tank where I have my powerhead for misting my co2 into the tank its still fresh so it hasn't grown out the mesh yet but its working fine. I used zip ties to keep the curve in it and just put the powerhead in between the zip ties. As for tying to the intake tube I don't see why it wouldn't work I was thinking of doing the same thing with my cannister intake as well.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I was thinking of getting some stainless steel mesh and bending it into a half pipe, tying fissidens on the outside and then sticking one end into the gravel in front of my intake.

·
Registered
347 Posts
if you made a half-pipe, or curve of a wall around the intake, with the bottom end being open to the tank (so, a gap between the gravel and the filter intake)...that wouldn't affect filtration much would it?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.