The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Best way to grow java moss, i already use fertilizer, and co2 and plenty of light anything else i can do to make my java moss grow faster...also what is the best way to grow it on a structure, like a rock cave etc. It seems to always float to the top...

·
Registered
76 Posts
I've been having problems with my java moss. When I got it it was a nice healthy green and I put it in my 12g tank, within two weeks it was brown all the way through even though the rest of my plants, including peacock moss, are growing strong. I dose Excel and I read that could be why so I moved it over to my 3g fry tank where I use no ferts. It is still brown, but does seem to be growing, but what grows is brown too. This tank is just a little 3g, 7 watt light, 10-12 hours a day, about a dozen guppy fry with just some bits of peacock moss and naja grass in there and one sprig of anacharis. I do keep the temp high for the fry, about 80F. Any ideas on how to get it to green back up?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.