The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i got a ball of some java moss that was floating in the back of a tank at my lfs it was not even labled they just gave it to me because i pointed it out. i spread it out and anchored it down to my drifwood. it appears to be attaching itself but over a week i have not seen any growth really and it is partly brown or dark dark green. nothing like the spreading like mad deep green stuff i see in pictures of others tanks. any ideas? should i just give it time? i have co2 and 96 watts on a 29 gallon tank. another question is alot of my rotala is growing sideways and sending down runners is this normal?

·
Fear the Swamp!
2,512 Posts
Moss is a slow grower even in optimum conditions. Over the course of 4-6 weeks, you should see quite a bit of new growth. The Rotala growing sideways along the bottom may be due to the light intensity. You may notice new stems growing from the nodes along the ground as it spreads around the tank. This is normal behavior.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ha thank you. im trying to learn how to have patience its a new hobby and im finding out quickly that patience is the key... something im not known for lol. as for the rotala its good that its normal behavior i actually like the bushiness its starting to have

1 - 3 of 3 Posts