The Planted Tank Forum banner

Java Moss lighting

979 Views 4 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  FishRFriendz
I left my light on at work for the Java moss on Friday, so it got light all through the weekend. I also have an ammonia drip running, drips just short of 1 quart of 2 ppm water into the tank over the weekend, just to keep the bacteria going.

Came in today to find the moss pearling, which surprised me, didn't know moss could pearl. Dosing Flourish Comprehensive the week before and now starting to add Excel. Just a few drops of each maybe 2-3 times a week.

Hoping to get some crazy Java Moss growth. Hope I don't kill it.

Photo before weekend

Photos

Attachments

See less See more
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Interesting. I wonder what would happen if you dripped in excel.
Interesting. I wonder what would happen if you dripped in excel.
Yeah I was just thinking I should add my ferts to the drip. I wonder if the CO2 in Excel would evaporate or something tho, cuz the jar I use for the drip is wide open.

Over a week, my drip is essentially a 50% water change.

Attachments

See less See more
There's no CO2 gas in excel. It has a carbon...something that plants are able to break down and use instead of CO2. I think people have tried excel drips, but I'm not sure how effective they were.
I'm really happy with this $3 usb led reading light. Given it is at a only a 2~3 inch distance from the moss.

I wonder how some other plants might do.

Also kinda worried the nutrients are gonna run low. I don't have fish or anything so I'm not feeding anything but ammonia. May need to add a macro supplement.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.