The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have these little blue / green shrublets growing under my java moss on the seiryu stone which is tucked into the crevices. Is it algae or something else? They look almost like small morrimo moss balls. It's hard to see in the photo but they look like shrubs and sort of ball like in shape.

Attachments

·
Banned
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes

Thank you, what do I do about this? It looks exactly like this.

Not sure what you are pointing out, but I see Black Beard Algae on the stone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
You can use Excel or Hydrogen Peroxide directly on it to kill it. As for why it's cropping up and a long term solution there is probably something imbalanced in the tank. How long has the tank been set up? I know you had another thread about this but I can't remember sorry.

·
Banned
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bearded lady

The tank is not old. Like two and a half months. I am reducing the light cycle to seven hours now. The shrimp seem to be eating it, so maybe it will go away. I also picked a bunch of it off today with tweezers. I am scared to put chemicals in the tank with the shrimp, is that safe?

You can use Excel or Hydrogen Peroxide directly on it to kill it. As for why it's cropping up and a long term solution there is probably something imbalanced in the tank. How long has the tank been set up? I know you had another thread about this but I can't remember sorry.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Yes they are safe just make sure you are careful with the H202 and Excel only applying amounts directly to the BBA, and not using too much. You can use a syringe with some airline tubing to do this. Reducing the light cycle may help, what nutrients are you providing in your tank?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts