The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
I have some of the windelov variety in my 12 gal. Over time, it grows into a big mass but I just a lot of it off, sell it, and leave a little. Rinse repeat. :icon_mrgr Kinda like java moss in that regard.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Mine has been in the tank for more than a year. It grew from two palm size to almost twice bucket size that it took over a part of my 260 gallon tank. Thanks to direct metal halide blast for maximum growth rate and generous CO2 enriched direct current to its path. Too bad I stick it to a huge driftwood that it is hard for me to take it out without messing my tank and take a good solitary shot (but you can peek at the photo album for some idea).

I assure you that regular java fern can even grow nastier than what oliver is holding :)

·
Registered
139 Posts
dont mean to steel your thread but mine have been in my tank since dec 1 and they are the same size all they did was seperate 2 became 4 they are tied to rocks and they are in a tank with 2 wpg

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
dont mean to steel your thread but mine have been in my tank since dec 1 and they are the same size all they did was seperate 2 became 4 they are tied to rocks and they are in a tank with 2 wpg
From what I hear and researched it takes a couple of month for it to truly start growing. Also since they grow slow you may not be seeing the change in size.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts