The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I need a little help here with my java fern rehab tank.
Everyone I have met says just throw it in there, and let it grow. Some have said a little light makes a big plant, and that is what I am after.

I have a 23 watt cfl in a brooder hood on the glass top. Is that too much?
The guy I got these rhizomes from said the original plants were around ten inches tall, he said they melted in his high light tank. I am trying to rehab these babies into their full glory.

I have a crypt section in the tank I added a tall plastic container for the crypts since they are a bit on the tallish side. The crypts are in topsoil capped with gravel.

Any help will be appreciated
Kirk

Attachments

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
how old is that stealth heater in the tank? There was a recall not too long ago on them, some apparently were exploding. do a search in the equipment section to find out if yours was one that has been recalled.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Interesting thread as I have some java ferns in nead of some tlc too. I have a small tank that has a small java fern in it doing quite well so i'm hoping that placing the ferns and some other anubias will help them too.

I just have a 15 watt over a 2.5 gal. It'll be interesting to see your progress and what works for you as it may help me too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.