The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
75g, 33L, 2g and play tanks
621 Posts
Mine are doing this too. Even after being acclimated and removing the new plants it was trying to grow. Even the young, new plants that I selected to try and use those are just producing new ones as well. It's sort of frustrating at this point.

Sorry this isn't help, but I am also going to be following this.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Hi everyone i recently set up a planted tankand my java fern is going though apomixis. Anyone know how to help it along and make sure the baby plants dont die

image.jpg
Leave the baby java ferns on the mother plant for as long as possible. It is easy to damage them when they are still small. I wait until they have two 1"+ leaves to move if my goal is propagation. If you want to either grow them out elsewhere or just make your java fern more bushy, you can remove the leaf and stuff it down by the rhizome. The other java fern fronds should hold it in place.

Mine are doing this too. Even after being acclimated and removing the new plants it was trying to grow. Even the young, new plants that I selected to try and use those are just producing new ones as well. It's sort of frustrating at this point.

Sorry this isn't help, but I am also going to be following this.
Remove the whole leaf where they are growing. It only happens on older, mature leaves, so pruning old growth will prevent this from happening.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.