The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Plant Terrestrial plant Wood Grass Groundcover
I have a 2 year established 75g cichlid tank. I wanted to get away from plastic plants so I purchased a 48 inch fluval 3.0. I was not looking to go to crazy so I decided on Val, anubias and Java fern. I am dosing flourish weekly and have the light with an hour ramp up and down with 4 hours of full light. The blue is very low during full intensity, but I do have the moonlight on whenever the day light is not on. Bought plants from LFS so they all looked good. Everything looked good for a few weeks but now I have a lots of brown and black leaves. All of the plants are attached to rock with superglue. Any thoughts on what is going on and any suggestions for improving conditions? Thanks

·
Registered
239 Posts
I would Not use a moon light, it disrupts fish sleeping in my experience unless it’s very dark

It would be more natural, because of the depth of Malawi to use glue Light because the water absorbs the red light. Most corals which would live at a depth similar to Malawi haven’t seen red light in millions of years

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.