The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is my ADA Mini-M that i have had for like two months, my aquasoil was defective, my needle valve on my co2 was messed up, and i literally have torn it down like 4 times, but i finally got something i like now. I'm gonna fill it this week hopefully, just waiting on my tubing elbows.

Tank Specs:
ADA Mini-M
ADA Solar Mini-M Light
ADA Ryuoh Stone
ADA Power Sand Special-S
ADA Aquasoil Amazonia
ADA Aquasoil Amazonia Powder Type
ADA Lily Pipe Mini Inflow V-1
ADA Lily Pipe Mini Outflow P-2
ADA Green Brightly Step 2
ADA Brighty K
ADA 5mm Thermometer
Cal Aqua Labs CLIP Drop Checker
Do!Aqua Music Glass Mini 15D
Eheim 2211 with macaroni and cocoa puffs, coarse and fine pads.
Harris by Harris Group Single Stage CO2 Regulator with Clippard mouse solenoid valve, SMC AS1200 needle valve, and a 2.5 LB CO2 Tank
Hydor ETH-200 Inline Heater
Glass Top

Flora:
HC Cuba Hemianthus Callitrichoides
Ludwigia Repens

Fauna:
Pair of German Blue Ram Cichlids
Zebra Nerite Snail
Ramshorn Snails

Tank as of 12/11/11:

On to picturas.

Tank as of 10/11/11

My HC Waiting to go in...

Where i keep my filter and CO2, pretty awesome desk.

Thanks for looking! Feedback Appreciated!!!! Yes, i went a little crazy with ADA....

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
shrimpnmoss no i did a little DIY kinda thing so it works with the lily i have.:biggrin: i'll take a pic of it later.

Well i started a dry start on it today, will try to get pics of it but it is really humid in there so the glass is all foggy. my filter elbows still haven't come so i can't fill the tank until they do, but a dry start will allow the hc enough time to firmly root itself, i think i'll dry start it for two weeks.

·
Shrimpsanity
3,052 Posts
Hey...this update is WORTHLESS without pics...j/k....

can't wait to see it going....that mini solar has to be the sexiest desk lamp ever.....i want to buy one and retro fit it with two strips of LEDs....maybe when I have 3 Benjamins laying around one day...

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yea they are kinda expensive haha but it looks so clean!

pics of the dry start, i have since added more hc to hopefully speed the process up. my tubing elbows still have not arrived, i need some does anyone know of a person who will make them for me? i think i'm just going to dry start it until i have a nice lawn. maybe until mid-september?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
End of Week 3 DSM

have some good growth on the HC, the browning is from it being in the bowl for 4 weeks before it without light and CO2, but it's becoming rooted really well and is starting to take off. I am pretty sure i'm either gonna have CPDs in here or OEBTs still haven't decided yet.

some moss growing on the rocks:

close up of growth:

some plant that hitch hiked in on the rock in probably a seed

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.