The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up this bag of rock and shell. I think its mineral rocks, since it seems real light and able to crush into a powder easily.

Can any one translate the writing on the package for me so I know what it does exactly?

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
If I'm not mistaken its just to add calcium or something like that to the water which most of the U.S. Is not shy on. Meant for japan where the water doesn't have all the minerals and such like we do.

Probably check out planetinverts.com, gabe and some others have a lot of the info linked in their sig I believe.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I sent you the package translation. Did it help?

Yeah it helped, imma toss some ancient sea mud with the holey shell for my shrimp.

BTW for others who are wondering, this is what gabe translated for me:

gabeszone247 said:
The stuff you got is an ancient sea mud that more than a 1000 years old and contains many minerals. Is says don't wash or rinse off, and you can add it to your tank or filter. It say you can add as much as you would like into your tank and it wont raise your PH. It can last 2-3 months depending on your tank, and then you have to replace it.

I hope this helps,

Gabe,

Forgot one thing if you see any shells in it leave it, because its good for your CRS.

Hmmm 1000yr old mud, i should of grabbed more bags of it. BTW I got it during vacation, from a fish store in Japan 2 months ago. It was like 7 bucks US dollars.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.