The Planted Tank Forum banner

Japanese Dutch Hybrid Planted Aquarium

6704 36
Update of my 55 gallon. Watch in HD 720 or 1080!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Very nice! I like how you were able to integrate the number of plants you have without it appearing "jumbled". Those are very healthy plants.

btw nice videography. It's refreshing to see the use of a tripod :red_mouth.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Very nice tank , a lot of hard work has gone in to that I bet . How old are your rainbows ? They are huge !

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wow, thanks for the kind words everyone. Means a lot considering some of you are scientists and professionals! Thank you! Yeah I had to remove it because my soundtrack wasn't actually royalty free music. I made a new intro, I will upload the new video ASAP. Thanks again ya'll!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The labeling part of the video is so helpful. Thank you for that! I am super newbie, and it can be a struggle just to figure out what plants everyone is discussing.

What is your water flow situation? I feel like that is a major piece of the puzzle in great tanks like this.
Thank you. The water flow is 685 GPH. Which isn't super high, but it is over 10x the volume of the tank-55gallons. I did have it higher with more powerheads because my filter was running low. I got a new impeller for my filter and it runs like new so I took out the other powerheads, no need to run them. I believe in higher GPH coming from the filter than actual water movement. High movement from powerheads is not as beneficial or effecient as high water flow from the filter. I have less algae with higher filter flow.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Can we call it "Dutchagumi"?

Amazing tank. Details please?
Running fluval 304 canister filter. ahsupply.com 3x 54 watt T5HO lights. 5lb pressurized Co2-aquatek of california regulator. Cal-Aqua Labs drop checker. DIY root tabs-Osmocote Plus plant food. Exhausted eco-complete. Seachem Aquavitro liquid ferts. Real secret is the Aquavitro Envy bottle and the DIY root tabs. Koralia wavemaker 425GPH. Eheim Jager heater-200watt. 100% RO water with Potassium bicarbonate to buffer the water. Running the Co2 at 25-30ppm. Lights are on for only 8 hours a day. 10 gallon tank and quiet one pump for water changes. I cannot put water into the canopy of my tank so I fill the 10 gallon tank and pump it up into the tank with hosing. Custom knotty Alder wood canopy and stand. Super fancy that my friend built for me. Painted the sides and back of the tank with matte black spray paint. DIY frame for the lighting and a DIY hanging kit for the lights to raise them out of the way when working. My youtube channel: Type ADU Aquascaping into the search!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.