The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm back with most of my regular foods - including Late Summer Pea & Kale. Organic Barley has also returned. Some foods like Complete Veggie are in extremely limited supply and will not be produced for the next couple weeks.

Why pay a ton for imported stuff when you can get terrific foods (check my feedback - 500+ reviews) from a fellow hobbyist?

It's all tough to make, isn't cheap and all of it is grown and/or formulated by me by hand. In fact, I grind everything into meals and powders with a mortar and pestle:

Below are the foods and supplements I'm offering to TPT. Some will be sold by weight, some by volume (which ever is cheaper for the buyer).

COMPLETE VEGGIE

CURRENTLY SOLD OUT

Loaded with organic spinach, vitamins, minerals - 15 ingredients in all. Specially formulated for both Neos and Crystal shrimp but great for all others. Holds up under water for several days. Won't cloud your tank or alter parameters. Great for coloration, shell strength and general nutrition. I now feed this a few times per week when I'm not feeding other products and fresh veggies.

• 40 grams (this is a lot - standard 2oz container won't hold it all) for $18
  • 20 grams for $10

Mmmm:

Here it is fresh (before it's dried):

My Cherries attacking:

PRLs attacking:

This stuff is at a premium in part because the ingredients are expensive and I don't believe you'll be able to get anything like it in the states. Sure, the Asian products are great but they're neither fresh nor controlled by an uptight health nut like myself (they're also more expensive). Can almost promise they're not spending three days making their products by hand in limited amounts. My success, the testing, photos and video tell you all you need to know.

PUMPKIN DELIGHT

This is back! With two new pumpkin varieties grown by me. It's a pumpkin/squash-based food that's perfect as a treat. Contains lots of vitamins and minerals that are nice for coloration and growth. I don't use it as an everyday food because it's rather mineral-rich. My Crystals grab & go as they do with Complete Veggie.

Water stable, I've seen no issues after six months of testing when leaving it in the tank for a day. Though, it's never quite lasted 24 hours.

• 20 grams - this is a lot of food, as it's lighter weight than Veggie Sticks or Complete Veggie) - $10

My newest items…

LATE SUMMER PEA & KALE

Made up of low-sugar peas (grown hydroponically!) and late summer kale:

This is my second batch. May or may not make it again because it is the most time consuming thing I've ever tried to put together. Have been making this particular for several months and my critters enjoy it.

• 20 grams - $12

ORGANIC BARLEY

My pelletized Organic Barley for sale only to TPT members. It's back!

It's made from dried, organic (certified by the state - not USDA, as I missed my final visit over scheduling issues - maybe this year) barley straw pressed into pellet form with my fancy extruder. Only thing added is a bit of bee pollen (new for the latest batch), which is a hit with shrimp and sets this barley apart from the rest.

• 50 grams by weight - $7

The other foods & supplements I'm offering because I want shrimp nerds to have access to high-quality items without paying the fancy price.

SHRIMPLET GROWTH

This is my all-time favorite baby/shrimplet food and I've improved it with a couple goodies that promotes development of microscopic yummies for shrimp.

• 1 oz by volume - $10

This one ounce container holds a ton of food. Feed very sparingly when there are shrimplets in your tank. Promotes more solid coloration and stable growth of juvenile shrimp. If you've got a bunch of baby shrimp, allow a super-tiny amount to disperse throughout the tank via your filter outflow.

As you can see in this photo below, I don't make a lot:

That silly packaging is just for TPT members. Took forever to get a good shot of one of my critters that was suitable for editing and photoshopping a chef's hat on.

If you aren't a recent customer, I upgraded packaging a few months ago to include tamper-evident seals and to reduce shipping weight:

Also available...

Jake's Veggie Sticks With Extra Calcium

Similar to other sinking veggie sticks but with (now) 25%+ more calcium, 100% organic and grown by me - with the exception of seaweed (which I'm now starting to grow myself - I'll have enough to harvest in May) and calcium powder. Decided to start making these because I feed on such a large scale that it's hundreds of times cheaper to make them myself with products I already have.

These are great for both shrimp and snails that need a bit more calcium in their diet for whatever reason. My critters swarm them and my feedback speaks for itself. Please note that these are not similar to Complete Veggie.

• Half ounce portions are $3
  • One ounce portions are $6

Shipping for food starts at $2 (depending upon weight) via USPS First Class Mail. $6 USPS Priority for most larger orders.

These are small batches so everything moves quickly.

Ships same/next day. This is common sense but do not send payment as a gift. Please note: Confirm your shipping address is correct within Paypal before sending payment. That is a must. Typos, misspellings, mistakes - please correct them on your end. I will not refund shipping charges if you make a mistake. If you're making a larger order, consider paying extra for USPS insurance if necessary to cover lost items.

Private Message me to order. I can now process Paypal invoices if necessary. Please make payment on the same day your order is made - that means please don't inquire about an order until you can make payment. Quantities are small and I won't hold them for you for that reason.

Thanks!

Jake

1 - 1 of 1 Posts