The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
TANK IS UNPLANTED! 2\2\10

Just a bit of backround first. Ever since I started my first aquarium, I have always wanted a little
betta tank. Whenever I looked at those poor bettas in the Walmart "fish section" longing to bring one home would swoop down apon me! But I would never spend the $4 too "rescue" one of those little guys! So a little bit before Thanksgiving, my sister bought one! She said I could take care of it, as I had a little bit of experience. After adding the fake plants I looked at it and thought that this would never do! So I "manipulated" :wink: it, and turned it into a planted!

Equipment
Tank: 1g acrilic pentagon tank
Lighting: 27watt florecent reading light
Filter: None
Heater: None

Flora
Java Moss

Fauna
Male betta dubbed: Sam

Decor
"Rock"
Dried and boiled wood
Subtrate: normal aquarium rocks

I plan to look around S&S for some Hornwort RAOKs. If you have trimmings that would live in the tank I will gladly "take them off your hands!"
Thanks for looking! Comments and suggestions are welcome!
Jake

Attachments

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sam is not happy that I took out his plastic plants!

·
Registered
813 Posts
*sigh*, I have a few plants I could spare, but the package I just sent out is taking a WEEK to get to the guy...:( :( :(

BTW: Pumpkin is in a 10gal tank with only a bamboo shrimp companion, so just keep in mind, you may want to upgrade. My bettas were OK in 1-2gal's, but never really happy until they got bigger tanks to stretch their fins. :(

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
*sigh*, I have a few plants I could spare, but the package I sent out is taking a WEEK to get to the guy...:( :( :(

BTW: Pumpkin is in a 10gal tank with only a bamboo shrimp companion, so just keep in mind, you may want to upgrade. My bettas were OK in 1-2gal's, but never really happy until they got bigger tanks to stretch their fins. :(
Thanks for the reply! As for the tank size I will not be able to upgrade! :icon_frow No more room!

·
Registered
416 Posts
Do fish have moods? Can they channel old songs? The first time I put my betta in a planted tank, I felt I suddenly heard him playing "I Just Wanna Celebrate!" from Rare Earth on his i-Pod.....

sox

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.