The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Needs some critiquing...I know. :( I just kinda threw it together yesterday. I'm thinking i might want to do like a rock mound with a center "tree" comprised of a twig and a bunch of Java Moss. The HC would be like a meadow of sorts. The rocks could have sprigs of hairgrass growing up between them as well. Thoughts? Current scape:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Yeah this looks like it could work if you just put some of the rocks at different angles, tip some up on end, and I agree with joe on making an area in the middle. right now the whole setup is just a bit flat.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Decided to just make a mountain against my original plans...oh well. Turned out alright. The only thing I don't particularly like is the flattish face of the tallest rock...but whatever. I'll probably make a smaller one to put in front of it eventually or just leave it and let it grow on me. :D I'm satisfied for now, lol. I'm gonna let my HC grow in some more. :(

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
That looks nice. I'm no expert, and sorry if I chimed in too late (you already finished your scape, and planted HC) but if it were me, I'd have probably done that mountain on the side, instead of the center, and then had a smaller pile of rocks in the far right corner.. that would give you a nice diagonal valley effect. (starting left back, to front right valley)

Like this.. :)

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
That looks nice. I'm no expert, and sorry if I chimed in too late (you already finished your scape, and planted HC) but if it were me, I'd have probably done that mountain on the side, instead of the center, and then had a smaller pile of rocks in the far right corner.. that would give you a nice diagonal valley effect. (starting left back, to front right valley)

Like this.. :)

haha nice photoshopping.

I like that layout, I also like the lay out he has and like you said since he already planted it might be a little late to change it.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The tank clears up in a couple of hours and the HC is easy to replant now that I have the hang of it....but eh, it's fine as-is imo. It was nice to come home and see a crystal clear tank and scape. Oh Purigen....how I love you so.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
The tank clears up in a couple of hours and the HC is easy to replant now that I have the hang of it....but eh, it's fine as-is imo. It was nice to come home and see a crystal clear tank and scape. Oh Purigen....how I love you so.
Yeah, it does look great the way it is.. it's a matter of personal taste.. that's why I said "if it were me" :)

Keep us up to date with lots of pics! I subscribed to this thread :thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.