The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here we are again…im turning into a tankaholic. Ill being going by a different alias Tanqueray…yea I know that was a cheap shot.

ANYWAYS, I went to my local petco earlier today got a 2.5g tank. I had leftover potting soil and sand so I figured, LETS PLANT ANOTHER TANK!! After my last iwagumi setup, the beach, I needed another project while waiting for the light fixture and everything to come. Got the tank, the light, the rocks from a nearby hill, and leftover materials from the ghost of tanqueray’s past, it’s time to start.

I wanted to again create a tank using locally available materials to minimize the cost and still create a beautiful display, after all the best things in life are almost free. The gas was definitely not free, but you get my point.

The tank

The rocks

Washed

Vinegar

I couldn’t decide on a scape so I need some help!!!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i'll be ripping out hc from my main iwagumi after i decide on a scape.

2.5g tank $15...prolly less at a lfs but mine was close
desk lap w/bulb $10
sand 50lb bag $5
potting soil $5
filter, already have one
rocks, free.

·
Registered
62 Posts
you should rip that black trim off the top. I just finished doing it on my 20L. I was hestitant at first but it went pretty well. Scrapping all of the silicone off is just a little time consuming but well worth it.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@harrow
thanks, i actually found the rocks accidentally next to a hill in a big pile. This is the only time i appreciate living in the desert.

@bubblesgoup
omg how do you do it? i got a few razors and have been attempting at this for a few hours. i think that was the first time i sat thru a full hour of my name is earl...

@blackphantom09
seems like two it is. where are you guys when im at dinner? i have the worst time deciding what to eat.

@gnod
...i didnt take #4 lol. we wont say who took that picture, i dont want to have any surprises in my dinner tonight.

@demonr6
demonr6 you're welcome to come and visit!! lol we'll go rock hunting. If i happen to be near the area and they're still there. All you have to do is pay for shipping and they'll be on their way to florida lol.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Not bad. I like #2 better. There is more of a balance. You might want to try burying some of stones (i.e. the middle front) a bit otherwise it looks like they are all sitting on the same plane of depth. Just a thought.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
sorry its been awhile since an updated. but i finally got some time and around my laziness for a post.

derimming the aquarium. it turned out a lot easier then i imagined. there was quite a bit of silicone leftover but it was hardly noticable after the fill up test.

checking for leaks since i might as well have used my teeth in the procress

started trying my first pressurize/paintball co2
the on/off valve

the tools needed. theres a thread on here but feel free to ask questions

the final product. its in an emerse setup so there's no need for a diffuser atm. i now have this paintball setup in all my tanks

planted with hc. i just threw it in there. the great thing about an emerse setup is you can just throw your hc in here and it'll root n spread quite easily

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.