The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there friends. So, I've got this tank I'm setting up, you all know the story, and it would be nice to get a little advice. I've got it posted in a tank journal, but a look from the nice folks in Aquascaping has never hurt.

Anyway, the deal is that the tank is view-able from 3 sides, which limits my depth to work with and all. Take a look:

Side 1:

Side 2:

Side side:

So the LED is a little bright for my phone camera, and washed out some details, but you smart folks get the idea. Plan is to mull this one over for about a week, then fill. So any advice before then would be lovely!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think your concept is right. Have a big rock off to the side, and then 4 others to balance it. Because of the 3 way view, I would try to make sure that rule of 1/3s is respected from all angles. A little hard, but not impossible.

What plants do you intend to use?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey there Iustin, thanks for taking the time. This tank actually ended up being planted for an emersed grow in period; I interpreted a week or so of general silence about the 'scape as tacit consent. Take a look at the journal linked in my sig if at all interested. Otherwise, I went with Monte Carlo as my main "foreground" plant, with Fissidens fox in the crevice between rocks on Side 2, and a bit of Staurogyne repens behind the large rock next to the wall. Hoping it all looks nice grown in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.