The Planted Tank Forum banner

Iwagumi Dragonstone Update! 99.99% Algae Free!

13391 40
Update on the 40 breeder Dragonstone scape. Enjoy!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

· Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Excellent tank! I like the video. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you for the kind words. Your tanks aren't too bad either. Really great work. Now I wish I had a better camera. It has a really big nice sensor and rated for the best pics for cameras under a $1,000. I will keep messing with it to see if I can get better shots.

· Registered
1,605 Posts
Thank you for the kind words. Your tanks aren't too bad either. Really great work. Now I wish I had a better camera. It has a really big nice sensor and rated for the best pics for cameras under a $1,000. I will keep messing with it to see if I can get better shots.
I responded to your photography question in my journal, but the 3 key things I've found for sharper aquarium shots are (1) use a tripod and remote/wired shutter release, (2) turn off your filter for a few minutes and let everything stop moving, and (3) shoot in RAW.

· Registered
13,610 Posts
Nice progression, the UG is tough for those locations, I'd likely try something else like Monte Carlo, it would offer a nicer flow and spread and it is easier to deal with.

Still, a nice bright green color also.

BTW, I like this lava rock. I have not had a chance to use it yet, but the darker color and the moss+ penny wort looks good.

· Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice progression, the UG is tough for those locations, I'd likely try something else like Monte Carlo, it would offer a nicer flow and spread and it is easier to deal with.

Still, a nice bright green color also.

BTW, I like this lava rock. I have not had a chance to use it yet, but the darker color and the moss+ penny wort looks good.
Yeah I agree, honestly the UG is pissing me off. lol I love it, but it is so damn delicate. And takes forever to look good if you have no experience with it. I like how it moves in the current. I might want to try the Monte Carlo for the new Dragonstone scape I have coming up. Once I get more at the end of September. Yeah you need to upload some pics of the dragonstone in action. Thanks again for ordering. Glad you like it.

· Registered
2,519 Posts
Your tank looks really nice and healthy. Well done:proud:

What size of Koralia pumps are you using?

· Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
the Monte Carlo will creep over and around and it's really tough once established:

So a "green lava" flowing around the hardened old lava.
An interesting contrast.

I agree, it would hug to the contours, nooks and crannies more and create more character. It wouldn't be as tall so it would hug the base of the rocks better and make the tank look that much deeper. I really like the look of it. I just wanted to try the holy grail of carpeting plants and because it was sooo expensive I can't get rid of it. I still really like it a lot. I will definitely get some Monte Carlo from you for the new scape. I am cooking up some ideas. Like you said a mound of rock with flowing green coming down would look down right badass!

· Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Very nice scape. Love the stone. If you collect locally that means can ship it for cheap? lol. Let me know when you have some available. That seiryu stone stuff is too expensive.
I am getting a bunch of dragonstone at the end of September. It isn't too expensive. Just PM at the end of the month. Thanks for watching. I will post a classified as well.

· Registered
5,740 Posts
I am getting a bunch of dragonstone at the end of September. It isn't too expensive. Just PM at the end of the month. Thanks for watching. I will post a classified as well.
If you gt it locally i see selling it cheap, but I'd imagine shipping costs would bring the final price up a bit unless you getting for nan tanks?

And I saw a spot of algae over there in the corner! *points randomly at tank* Tell that slack team of cleaners you got to hurry up at eat it!!
Nah I kid, but seriously, very lovely scape work!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.