The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Dope music selection!

Apart from my huge weekly water change that hits all seven tanks, I tend to enjoy doing the little water changes and maintenance that some of the tanks require throughout the week. Having to bust out the python once a week to get all the tanks is really the PITA as I can never get it to not squirt water all over my kitchen. Seems I cross threaded the attachment and haven't gotten another yet.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My motivation is to get done before I lose my motivation. LOL
Haha!

No, it wont create any suction to bring water to the sink. I simply run the hose out a door or window to drain the tanks. Afterwards i just connect the hose to the faucet with this fitting to fill them back up.

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Hey thanks for sharing that, I wonder if there isn't a way that you could hook that up to some tubing then connect a t-valve so the water will go straight down through the T and you can hook your siphon tube up to the perpendicular part and get a suction. If you know what I'm saying? If you got an extra minute please post a comment on my signature thread as I'm hoping to win this pressurized system.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Hey thanks for sharing that, I wonder if there isn't a way that you could hook that up to some tubing then connect a t-valve so the water will go straight down through the T and you can hook your siphon tube up to the perpendicular part and get a suction. If you know what I'm saying? If you got an extra minute please post a comment on my signature thread as I'm hoping to win this pressurized system.

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4061037

These supposedly fit python hoses. I saw somebody use it when they were having alot of issues with there python hose adapter. I just have a cheap Aqueon hose thing from petsmart I got on sale the 50' one for 34$ or something like that. Makes things simple. I just start it up, walk away do other things on the tank etc while it drains then fill it up. My shrimp tank I use an air tube and drain it into a bucket so I don't suck up shrimplets, then fill it with RO water.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
I don't really have any motivation....I just do it if I'm bored enough or if something about the tank is bugging me. I.e. last time my substrate had a bit more soil on it than I cared to tolerate so I just did a 50% wc, gravel vac, manual removal of the soil by stirring the water and collecting bigger bits with a net....cleaned the intake/output....cleaned the filter media, replaced the pads, cleaned the hood + light fixture, cleaned the glass, trimmed my plants....made nifty little mounds around my crypts for aesthetic purposes and also re-positioned their leaves for optimal lighting (I guess, lol) and scrubbed the mold off of my driftwood. I'm an impulse cleaner...I'll generally do massive maintenance if something tiny bugs me, lol.

Motivation for daily cleaning of my shrimp tank is to of course keep the shrimps in good shape. :)

·
Registered
113 Posts
What is the piece called that connects to the faucet that you bought?

i bought this piece for my faucet and it actually allows the garden hose or the spyhon thing to fit right on it. and no leaks.

found this at home depot in the sink repair section

the sku on the back of the package is 00835910555

item number is 571493 on the side of the package

picture is attached for reference

Attachments

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I love water changes, do them every week 40-50% on my 75 with a 2.5 gal bucket :D
Whats more relaxing than seeing your fish get back to life and starting to clean spots for breeding after the water change.

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
i bought this piece for my faucet and it actually allows the garden hose or the spyhon thing to fit right on it. and no leaks.

found this at home depot in the sink repair section

the sku on the back of the package is 00835910555

item number is 571493 on the side of the package

picture is attached for reference
That's what I use but I attach the python drain attachment to it and the plastic part of the hose it was it cross threaded. I need a steel part to connect to the hose.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.