The Planted Tank Forum banner

Its seems to be the season

4191 Views 43 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  kahlan
Har har... fuming I sit down infront of my fishtank, carpet still wet from yesterday's spill, because someone decided to go and uproot the smaller plants in my tank... (which i just replanted yesterday, after removing the livebearers).

Then I saw the bastard.... my male gourami. Swimming with a whole stemplant towards the other floating plants (amazing how well java moss can float with bubbles).... you guesed it, he is building a nest...

Then I noticed another change, one of my false SAE's have changed colour, it head is yellowish orrange (kinda like a koi, specles and all), and its colouring is now dark with light spots, (nearly inverse of normal), also the belly is bright yellow, the other one still looks like always, they were the same colour and size when i bought them 3 weeks ago, but the colourfull one is now definately larger.

It is days like this that I know I am much more of a fishlover than a plantlover, cause if you told me right now to rip my plants out and trample them to get more fry, I probably would...

At the same time, I now have the dilema of haveing to move the angels to the tank I moved the livebeares to yesterday, then I need to move the livebearers to a frytank, and some guppy fry are gonna have to start sharing a smaller frytank... I suppose they should be glad I don't put any of them in the 1 gallon...
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

· Registered
55 Posts
*laughs* gosh, aint you the happy grandaddy.

· Registered
55 Posts
i guess it's that little black thingie over there hey?
So, saturday evening my dad says: "Since when do these fish change color?" i thought, oh gosh, have my algea eaters also gone yellow? but it turns out it is the way the light falls on the plecos that made them seem lighter. and Saturday morn, i looked in D's tank, gave him the cichlids remember, and guess what i was? little fry swimming around the mussels shells. thought the daddy ate all of them. he took out only 9 though and cleaned the tank as it was quite filthy.

· Registered
55 Posts
so this morning i got up ... looked at my tank .. the water was kind of murky ... it's the pellets for the plecos ... the daphnia is almost finished ... need something else to feed them.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.