The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
found a plant infested with Hydras and dipped them in PP. Watched their lifeless bodies expand and become limp as I swirled the plant in the water. Anyone know if these guys can kill Adult shrimp? Got some Dewormer but can't get myself to do it. I'm afraid it will affect my shrimp. Need to find a temp tank or something while I treat for Hydra

·
Registered
294 Posts
I notice that the more I feed shrimps veggies instead of commercial food, the less planaria appears in the tank.
At one time, I had more than 30 visible in one tank. Now I can't seem to find any.
Has anybody noticed this?
SM

·
Registered
233 Posts
found a plant infested with Hydras and dipped them in PP. Watched their lifeless bodies expand and become limp as I swirled the plant in the water. Anyone know if these guys can kill Adult shrimp? Got some Dewormer but can't get myself to do it. I'm afraid it will affect my shrimp. Need to find a temp tank or something while I treat for Hydra
Even if they don't kill them, they do have nematocycsts that I imagine could damage shrimps enough to increase their susceptibility for disease.
Plus what about your little ones?
I had a med. size shrimp I am pretty sure died a slow death from getting hit.
I used No Planaria at a reduced duration. I did remove a few shrimp to another (temp) tank just in case, but the treatment seems to have done the job with no adverse affects.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts