The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
►◊Ö Ï Ç◊◄
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I turned 34 years old about 2 weeks ago. I went and visited my mother on my birthday in the hospital because she has not been doing the best. They thought is was a pinched nerve in her lower back but it was allot more than that.
I got the call on Wednesday evening last week to come see my mother as they transferred her to the University hospital. When I got there that evening I soon found out that my mother 57 years of age was going to pass on in life she had hours to live and on Friday afternoon at 4:05 PM she passed away.

Now I must say cancer is a very serous thing in life. When someone finds it in your bones unless it is caught early they are not going to make it. This was the hardest thing to let go in my life 2 days ago we had the funeral with about 200 people in attendance. She was a very loving lady and I feel real bad for losing her. I just wish it did not come at such an early time in my life.

As I drove to work this morning I drove threw the cemetery to view the flowers left on my mother’s grave and the fresh black soil that layered on top of the grave sight. Shaking my head is disbelief and not wanting to accept the fact my mother has passed away.

She will always be loved.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
my prayers go out to you, your mother, and your family.

·
Registered
28 Posts
My condolences to you and your family. I am also very sorry for your loss.

I lost my father two years ago when I was 32. He was diagnosed with cancer a month before he died. The experience made me a different person. Realizing you are here one moment and can be gone the next is very startling. Every time my little girl asks me to play with her I drop everything because there is nothing more important to me.

Take care of yourself.

-Scott

·
Registered
711 Posts
You don't know how deeply sad it makes me feel every time I hear someone's mother has passed away,because it reminds me of the passing of my own mother,it has been 18 years but sometimes it feels like it was yesterday.In my case is one wound that time will not completely heal.
I am so so sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Conduct....I am so sorry to hear that. My heartfelt sympathy goes out to you. Like you, I will never forget my mom, and miss her terribly to this day. So sorry

·
Registered
974 Posts
My condolonces Conduct.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Sorry for your lose. My heat goes out to you and your loved ones.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Don't look down, the floor is there ;-D.

Still have my mom but have dealt with death before. I wish you great luck in finding the light!

Just think of the 34 years you had her and think of the people who had a mother for as little as 7. It be a great thing that you had her for 34 years.

·
Doesn't like Kool-Aid
10,125 Posts
You don't get over a loss, you go through it. It won't be easy. There are no magic words. Just hang in there.

I have access to a couple of grief counseling services if you think you'd need it.

Feel free to PM me.

Mike

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
I read this and I shed tears for you. Before they were dry I called my mom. Sometimes I don't appreciate what I have like I know I should. Your story reminded me that I need to do better. Even though you're grieving and going through a terribly hard time, by sharing your story you're also helping people. You helped me.

I'm deeply sorry for your loss. I've never met you and I wouldn't know the first thing about what to say to make you feel better, but just know that you do have friends here - even if we are just text on a screen. :: Big e-hugs ::

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Very well said, Jen. I was fortunate enough to have my Mom around till I was 57, and though it will soon be 9 years, I still miss her every day. So many things I'd like to ask her or tell her. It's a reminder to all of us how short life can be, and how important it is to savor each moment.

As Momotaro said, you don't get over it, you get thru it. The pain just gets more bearable with time.

Conduct, my deepest sympathies to you.

·
Plant Lover
296 Posts
Conduct, let me add my voice with my heartfelt condolences. I am so sorry for your loss, and so suddenly.

I know somewhat how you feel having lost my mother last year when on her birthday she wanted to go out for a steak, and dropped suddenly at the dinner table. She was 78 and had been ill for some time, so I felt I had been able in some ways to psychically prepare. But I still miss her at surprising moments.

My thoughts are with you.

·
Registered
722 Posts
conduct,
you have my deepest sympathy....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts