The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok so I was giving this Snail trap to see how it does. I have taken a picture of it. Basicly the unit sits in the tank with food in the middle. The snails climb onto the round platform and then you pull the unit out. Not so much a trap but you get the idea. Check out the picture. Trying to gauge interest to see if they should start to import these. I will get a cost and add it to the post.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I should have the price on Monday. Does anyone have anything to say about this unit? If I dont get any feedback I will tell them not to import this item.... You guys are the ones that would use this the most.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
I'd say it depends on the pricing, like everything else. Not sure how it would go over in the local stores since they don't seem to have much for the plant folks. Never had a problem with snails in a non-planted tank.

The pictures doesn't really show me much.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Just seems like there are better options out there. Assassin snails are pretty affordable these days and they take all the work out of it for you.

BUT "like myself" I sell MTS...this would be a lot easier than catching them by hand.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'd say it depends on the pricing, like everything else. Not sure how it would go over in the local stores since they don't seem to have much for the plant folks. Never had a problem with snails in a non-planted tank.

The pictures doesn't really show me much.
The snails climb onto the bottom and go to the center to try and eat the food in the middle. You then pull up on the string attached and remove the snails attached to the trap. Then put the unit back into the tank and do it all over again. Do I need to take pictures of the unit working? I can do that as well since I have a ton of Rams horn in a tank that I can not seem to get rid of.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Think of it as a mushroom with a base. the snails climb onto the base and then try to get to the food. the bell at the top keeps them on the unit hopefully long enough to remove them. Maybe it needs to be put into action in order for people to know what it does. I am still waiting on pricing from them but once I have it I will share it with everyone to get their feedback.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yep. That tank is the next tank to be taken down and redone to try and get rid of the Rams horn snails in it. I am still waiting on a price from the importer of the product line. He has been at two shows for the last two weeks and doesnt have the information with him. I should know on Monday Hopefully....

LOL WOW, they came running...hahaha

Any Idea on Price?

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have a good number of them but they are all at work in other tanks. I have I think one in that tank. I might add a few more to help him out.

Thanks for the pic Zid. I couldn't see the raised bell in the original picture.

You might contact that guy that lives some north of Rainbow off I-15 and see if he has any assassins in stock. lol

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sorry for the delay. Yes the price will range from $7.99 to $9.99 depending on where it will be purchased. IE online or retail store location. I was hoping for the $5.99 range but not going to happen.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.