The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
I use the large version on my 80g and it works well. As you said, the water enters the side and leaves from the top, but you'll need a canister or pump to run this. The large version needs something like 100gph minimum flow to completely dissolve CO2, I'm not sure about the smaller one.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I use the large version on my 80g and it works well. As you said, the water enters the side and leaves from the top, but you'll need a canister or pump to run this. The large version needs something like 100gph minimum flow to completely dissolve CO2, I'm not sure about the smaller one.

Thanks. I can hook it up to my powerhead. I still think it is "big" in my 40g tank.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought I would write a little review here. I bought the medium version. So far so good. I have it hooked up outside the tank and connected to a canister filter. For the first time, I finally saw my hair grass, what's left of them, pearling. I have to reduce my CO2 level a bit. From 4 bps to 3 bps. Great, no more fine mist of bubbles flowing around the tank.

I like it so far. Is only $10. The design is very similar to the creg reactor except that it is smaller and has built-in propellers to smash the CO2. Is only $10. There are couple of things I don't like or have concerns about. The plastic material. I don't know, the plastic is not impact resistant. I get the feeling that when the unit is dropped somehow, it will crack. I also don't like the CO2 in-take valve. They should have built-in valve checker inside it. When the in-take isn't connected to a closed loop, water from the inside of the reactor can be forced out. Sometimes you do need to let the trapped air out from the top. That's the time you need to let the air out from the CO2 in-take. You let the water out too at the same time if you leave the loop opened for too long. Also, all the in-takes and output connectors aren't barbed. I needed to secure the connections good with cable tides.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.