The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dual gauge, single stage regulator is no longer showing a tank PSI reading, and my working pressure has slowly been dropping over the past 3 days. CO2 is still being supplied to my aquarium. I was under the impression that if the tank was close to being empty (ie the gauge reading 0 psi), I would most likely experience EOTD. However, it's been running like this for a couple of days now. Do I have a leak, or is my supply of CO2 almost depleted? Mind you, this set-up has been running for a few months.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My dual gauge, single stage regulator is no longer showing a tank PSI reading, and my working pressure has slowly been dropping over the past 3 days. CO2 is still being supplied to my aquarium. I was under the impression that if the tank was close to being empty (ie the gauge reading 0 psi), I would most likely experience EOTD. However, it's been running like this for a couple of days now. Do I have a leak, or is my supply of CO2 almost depleted? Mind you, this set-up has been running for a few months.
OR, are my gauges broken? Thanks!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. It was definitely close to being out of air. I was under the impression that I'd suffer EOTD and it would be a somewhat apocalyptic event since I'm using a single stage regulator. Glad to know that isn't the case.

·
Super Moderator
11,991 Posts
While EOTD is a phenomenon that can occur, it is at the same time, uncommon with quality parts.

An analogy would be car accidents: they can occur, and are dangerous, but they don't occur on a daily basis.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts