The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, like the title says I am having some issues dissolving CO2 in my newly started 30G. Having no such issues in my 110G using a Aqua Medic 1000 reaktor.
Decided to try out the Sera 500 reaktor for the 30G but no matter how much I up the bubble count the drop checker stays at a dark green.

Would like to aim for a bit brighter green as I have in my larger tank.

I am not sure if it is the pump that is to small for the sera reaktor or something but I think it should be enough, its an Eheim ECO Pro 300.

Its rated to 750LPH but like with everything that is under optimal conditions. Measured it as it is hooked up and ended up with around 300LPH which I think should be enough for the reactor.

If the flow would be much higher most of the Co2 would just be ejected I think as it is already shooting out the smaller bubbles the impeller creates in the reaktor?

Any ideas and thoughts about this? Should have just bought another Aqua Medic reactor instead ?

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not to impressed with the griggs reactor but the cerges is pretty much the same stuff as the aqua medic one, but I do not wish to DIY external parts bearing water. Wifey would not allow it and if it would break I would never get over it ;P

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Have you double checked the results of the drop checker? These things aren't exactly spot on accurate especially if you use the solutions that come with it. If you're not already, you want to use a 4dkh solution and liquid ph test solution.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you double checked the results of the drop checker? These things aren't exactly spot on accurate especially if you use the solutions that come with it. If you're not already, you want to use a 4dkh solution and liquid ph test solution.
Nope I have not, just been using the same premixed solutions for both the tanks. Guess I could look into making my own solution.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.