The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am using Milwaukee Instrments CO2 regulator/PH Controller and Aquamedic CO2 reactor 1000. When I setup the boubble count, within few seconds it gets reduced by itself. I spoke to the tech support and even cleaned up the regulator as by ther instructions and still having the issue. When I open up the top of the bubble counter just to check then it is working fine. When I close it I am having this issue. I am guessing the problem is with the reactor. I have a check valve between bubble counter and the reactor. Reactor is full of water. Should there be any space on top of the water level in the reacotr? I am thinking the issue is there is no space for the CO2 to enter the reactor!! Am I correct?

Please help.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I'd bet 99% it's the needle valve on your Milwaukee. After many weeks of trying to figure out why my bubbles would slow down and/or stop completely. I replaced the needle valve on my Milwaukee with a higher grade needle valve and it's been solid ever since. My lfs tells me he gets a lot of complaints about the Milwaukee needle valves. Their regulators are ok, but their needle valves are problematic.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.