The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about tearing out everything in my tank and adding a different substrate, and totally rescaping everything into an island aquascape.

I'm thinking about using a lot of rocks and larger pieces of driftwood and lots of different kinds of java fern and anubias. Anybody have any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Sorry can't help much with ideas but if your looking for eco complete for a substrate i have 80lbs. new for less than half price.$40.00

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
That's a classic ADA type scape. If you haven't been look through the videos on their youtube channel. Just leave out the background of stems and you have half the scapes there.

Use sand around the island unless you are using CO2 and can grow a gc of some sort.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's a classic ADA type scape. If you haven't been look through the videos on their youtube channel. Just leave out the background of stems and you have half the scapes there.

Use sand around the island unless you are using CO2 and can grow a gc of some sort.
I don't know if this is anything like what your referring to, but there is a user on here who has helped me inspire this idea.

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/12-tank-journals/909193-low-tech-55-gallon-first-planted-tank.html

Love their tank and the simplicity of it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts