The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 5 gallon tank with a few crypts and a java fern, and I have a clamp light with a 26 watt spiral fluorescent daylight bulb, it's 6500k. The light is pretty bright, if I look at it it hurts my eyes and anywhere I look I see blue lol :wink: Do you think this will hurt my fish? It's a little betta fish and he drifts around everywhere like he doesn't care but I don't want to blind him.

Side note - what is up with this face :flick:

·
Registered
588 Posts
I think that's way too bright. I was asking for cheap lighting options for a 10 gallon tank I'm planning on setting up next month, and I was told that a 13W spiral fluorescent bulb would be more than enough light for my tank. I think you should downgrade your bulb to at least a 13W and possibly even down to a 9W.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think that's way too bright. I was asking for cheap lighting options for a 10 gallon tank I'm planning on setting up next month, and I was told that a 13W spiral fluorescent bulb would be more than enough light for my tank. I think you should downgrade your bulb to at least a 13W and possibly even down to a 9W.
Ok cool I will do that. I've heard 2-3 watts per gallon is good which would be like 15 watts but I've also heard that way of lighting is out dated so I'll switch it up thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts