The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

I currently have a 10 gallon with a single t5 HO 24watt light and also the hagen canister. I also have the glass diffuser that I bought that makes the bubble smaller for better diffusion. I found that the latter method kinda sucked, I don't why but I didn't see any improvement. I decided today to hook it up to the glass diffuser and mixed a new batch of co2 today and boy I'm getting a ton of Co2. I like the idea of getting a lot, but also scared it might be too much and it'll kill the fish. I recorded a video of my tank just to let you guys see if this in fact is too much. My main concern is the co2 bubbles on top... is this bad? I'm slightly new to this, but I got a good handle on a couple of things. I'm slowly working my way up! Thanks everyone!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrZveJ9tFio

P.S.Don't mind the Tiger Barb, I know it's kind of mean, but he's been killing my red cherry shrimps.. so I gave him a time-out. (currently awaiting a new home for him/her :icon_eek:)

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Get a drop checker with a 4 dkh reagent. Thats the only way to tell.

But you have DIY co2 so there really is no way to control it.
Yeah, get the 4 kdh drop checker. Since it's diy co2, you probably aren't adding to much and the amount produced will diminish in a few days. The amount of bubbles you see isn't unusual for diffusers. If you were to see fish gasping at the surface, you could add an airstone to create more surface turbulence to out gas the co2 faster.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts