The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
cool - I like it. If it were me, I'd leave it for now, let the plants grow in, add more plants and add moss (fissiden maybe) to the wood. I like how it spans the tank and the path underneath it. Though... I wish your background was black :)

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I like that driftwood- especially the way it branches at the bottom. The top end is a bit bulky, though. It might help to disguise that with a leafy plant like java fern or glue some smaller pieces of wood to it.

·
Registered
804 Posts
I agree, closer to being too small than too big. It looks really cool though. I would cut off a piece of the back left branch off, so that it's even with the one in front, and move the whole piece to the left so that both branches touch the side of the tank. I would also raise the left side a little so it sits higher and more vertical than horizontal. This will also move the parts touching on the right more towards the left creating a more natural tree-like look. The plants are looking nice, good job.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Ah, now that you said it, I can see that. Just looked like seperate branches. How about just moving the left side back all the way and the right side all the way forward? This will add a little depth to you tank, and at the same time reduce the gap between the right front piece and the tank wall on the left. I never noticed the "root" going into the strate on the left either and take back my recommendation to move it up more vertical. Just rotate it clockwise a little I think.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Looks good.

Just curious- why don't you have a background?
I had plans to light it up, I gonna put that mist glass tint on the back with a daylight strip shining up on it as soon as I stop procrastinating. Id rather get all my plants in first then if u can even see the background I will add one.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Do you have enough room behind the tank to put on the background? If not, you might want to put it on now, before your plants grow in. Trying to drain and move the tank without disturbing the plants will be very difficult. It's best to do it before the tank is at its prime.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.