The Planted Tank Forum banner

Is this to much lighting?

729 Views 4 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  folion
Hi I found this t5 aquarium light at a garage sale and I was wondering if it was way to much lighting for my 10g planted tank I was planning on doing. I did find the exact light online I will link it here. http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewItem.aspx?&vendor=&idProduct=CU01127&child=CU01127&tab=0&size=24
It looks like it was made for a 20g tank. I will be using DIY co2 with a glass co2 reactor. I'm planing on getting a pressurized system at one point.

Seeing I got this for $20 still in the box. I would really like to put it to use. Or wait tell I get my 20g at some point.:icon_mrgr
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
It is certainly high light for a 10 gallon or any other 12 inch high tank. If you use it, try to keep it about 4 inches above the top of the tank to reduce the intensity some. That should still be high light.
You can use it on a 10g if you remove one bulb and have it about 4 inches above the tank or use both bulbs but raise it about 12 inches above the tank. Either way would still be considered high light.
Take Hoppy's advice. He's the resident expert on lighting.
It is certainly high light for a 10 gallon or any other 12 inch high tank. If you use it, try to keep it about 4 inches above the top of the tank to reduce the intensity some. That should still be high light.
Ok cool thanks for the reply. i'll just wait tell i get a bigger tank for it.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.