The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
black spots on my bacopa and seems to beginning on my anubias along with some holes in anubias leaves. any idea what this is and how to deal with it. was planning on adding some more plants soon but don't want to compromise all of them

ok not sure if my pictures uploaded but anyway if anyone has an idea of what the black spots mean it would be helpful

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
From my experience anubias develops black spots if grown directly under bright light. Seems to prefer a bit of shade. Unsure about bacopa. Read that adding magnesium helps keep BBA in check.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
advice from another forum that it may be a lack of light issue, there is new growth that is green near the top and I have a deep tank with low light. my biggest concern was that it was an algae, I may just need a light upgrade

·
Registered
27 Posts
Most of the leaves it is growing on seem to not be growing. Leaves that aren't growing often attract algae, including BBA, which this looks like to me.

any advice on what to do for it?

ok searching through some other threads I am gonna consider trying a couple things
1. cut back lighting from 8 to 6 hrs
2. increase my dose of excel
3. Maybe dose nitrogen because I always have low nitrates
4. remove all affected leaves/plants
5. add some low light stem plants to compete with the algae.

How does this plan sound? any advise on good low light stem/column feeders?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.