The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Right looks like emersed glosso and the left looks like something dying...Looks like half melted hc or something. Either way get your money back.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No, it is HM. Did you buy Baby Tears not a trick question, can't see the ebay link if it is labeled baby tears that is what you got, dwarf baby tears is hc
He put title :BABY TEARS HEMIANTHUS CALLITRICHOIDES
description: You will recieve nice big baseball to softball size clumps of Dwarf Baby Tears. Some will have been grown above the water and some under water.

That is why I end up buying it.

Thank you.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
He put title :BABY TEARS HEMIANTHUS CALLITRICHOIDES
description: You will recieve nice big baseball to softball size clumps of Dwarf Baby Tears. Some will have been grown above the water and some under water.

That is why I end up buying it.

Thank you.
I would try filing a complaint or contact seller and try too see if you can get your money back. Sorry that happened here is a picture of submersed HM that I have, it's hard to see the individual nodes but it has the more narrow leaf that looks present in your first picture:

·
Registered
9,774 Posts
One is probably Hemianthus Micranthemoides (HM) THe other with round leaves is possible Micranthum Umbrosum (spelling) Both are know and sold as dwarf baby tears, dwarf baby tears is a common name that refers to multiple plants.

Craig

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
here with the ruler for reference

in the following picture, the one on the right is new one(HC possible), the one on the left old one( HM possible, emersed one?)

By looking at it, I see it is very hard to distinguish. The leave of HM is bigger, but not making a difference, only bigger about 0.7 mm. The internode of HM is slightly longer, maybe 1.5 time?

Is that true HM overall bigger than HC about 1.5 time?

Thank you

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.