Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
75g NPT fully planted

30 rummy nosed tetras
4 female bettas
6 oto cats
11 bronze Cory cats
1 calico bn pleco
4-7 dwarf Cichlid [depending on what species I choose]

the dwarf Cichlid I might just do a large group of one species or two pairs of one or two species. Haven't decided on what species yet

----Larger---3"
Dwarf Flag Cichlid- Laetacara curviceps [male 3.6" Females 2.8"]
Red-Breasted Acara -Laetacara dorsigera [male 3.2". Females 2.6"]
Golden Dwarf Cichlid - Nannacara anomala [around 3"]
---medium---2"
GBR - Mikrogeophagus ramirezi [2"]

---small---1"
Redstripe Apisto - Apistogramma hongsloi [male 1.4" female 2"]

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
In a 75gl You might find it hard with more than one or two pairs. I wouldnt mix single species by themselves (one Agassizii, one Cacautoides, etc). Maybe look into getting one male and two or three females, to form a harem.
I'd say two pairs max though, with hardscape divided towards the opposite ends so that way it doesnt end up with only one pair getting structure.

·
Registered
4,349 Posts
nah, do straight pairs, i've found that 1.2 on apisto species don't breed as well as a pair...i would suggest the curviceps for this tank, really a great, active fish...

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My plan is either just one large group of one species or two pairs/harem of one species or one pair/harem of two species

Just depends on the species I get. As I was reading about them and some of them do better in larger groups and some in pairs.

How would the Siamese algae eater be in the tank?? I heard they are good with hair algae. Is this true? I have some growing

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
Rummynose tetras are 2" full grown. I wouldn't put 50 in a 75G, I'd suggest a maximum of 25-30. I also wouldn't put 3 SAE's in. I have 2 in my 75G and that's plenty. They grow quickly to full size of 6". They will eat eat hair algae. They are very hungry fish and will need to be supplemented with a vegetable like zucchini.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Has anyone bred any of the following in a communtiy tank? Were they good parents?

----Larger---3"
Dwarf Flag Cichlid- Laetacara curviceps [male 3.6" Females 2.8"]
Red-Breasted Acara -Laetacara dorsigera [male 3.2". Females 2.6"]
Golden Dwarf Cichlid - Nannacara anomala - [round 3"]

---medium---2"
GBR - Mikrogeophagus ramirezi [2"]

---small---1"
Redstripe Apisto - Apistogramma hongsloi [male 1.4" female 2"]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.