The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heavily planted ten gallon. 4-6 endlers, 6-8 celestial pearl danios, 15-20 neocaridinas (mostly wild form but some blue dreams in the mix two) 3 mystery snails and 6 harbosus (salt and pepper) corys.
Aqueon quiteflow 10 with pre filter sponge

If this is two much I can cut the corys to three Asian stone carts and try to minimize the CPDS and maybe drop a snail. I have my heart set on the CPDs though. I fell in love with those things the first time i saw one

Is this too much? Will post pictures in the morning of current tank.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Could you swap the salt and pepper corys for pygmy corys? Imo they are the only ones that should be kept in a 10 gallon, and even that is pushing it a bit, corys really do better in decent sized groups and they like a decent floor space. I would drop the endlers and just do the CPDs, pygmy corys, a few shrimp and 1 snail (mystery snails poop A LOT). That just seems a lot of fish for a 10 gallon. But then again I'm someone who likes to understock my tanks, I'm not a fan of overly busy tanks.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I kinda like the busyness… I already have the shrimp endlers and snails. I might be able to move them but I dont think so. I really like the corys and my LFS has them. I also looked at the size differences. 3/4 pygmy 1 1/4 for the habrosus Hmm I guess ill see if my LFS has pygmys on friday when I go get the CPDs. Like you’ve said Here and in other posts you like under stocked tanks. I would like to get some other opinions. I can give one of the snails away but not two most likely. Does anyone else think I could pull off the harbosus corys? I would really like them but if its to much Ill get Asian stone cats

aqadcisor says 119 Stock and 98 filtration. This doesn’t however count on the fact that it’s heavily planted right? So would that help the filtration. I also have a pre filter sponge if that makes a difference. (That is with pygmy corys aqadvisor doesn’t have harbosus) I can see if my LFS Has pygmys but i dont think so.

Water Plant Vertebrate Organism Fish supply
Tank as of now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts