The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup fellas/ladies.

I've got a densely planted high-tech 20G (long) running a Marineland C160 Canister filter. Substrate is Flourite Black Sand. Lighting is dual 24W T5s (6,000K & Roseate). It's cycle first started October 15th 2009.

Fauna consists of 3 different gourami's (small), 2 angelfish (small), and a SAE (small). So far I've lost a rummynose tetra, a small angelfish, and a small german ram.

It wasn't until I [recenty] started to implement a backlight that I noticed some kind of build up in the filter tubing. Take a look at this pic (and let me know if I should be concerned):

·
Registered
536 Posts
You know, I have the same thing on my 20's intake, Been thinking about takeing it off and takeing a baby bottle scrubber to it [it came with the syringe I use for doseing ].

I wonder if it's just algae or some random mulm build up that somehow got stuck to the inner walls of it ?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Pretty sure it's just mulm build up, I get the same stuff, have to take everything apart and clean it out every few months, no biggie that I know of.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.