The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a tank with 5 cardinal tetras and one pleco, I know I should have at least 6... but 2 died about 4 months ago and I haven't had a chance to get more from a reputable store.. Anyway they have been fine these last 4 months but 5 days ago I noticed one had some white fading on his side so I quickly separated him in a container floating in the tank as I don't have room for a hospital tank and I have been careful not to let any water transfer between the two. So now, day 1- color loss, but everything else seems fine, schooled with others swam fine. As soon as I put him in the container he seemed to swim a bit sporadically at the sides then float half on his side then do it again, Maybe stress trying to get to his mates? Hes now been there for 5 days, no attitude or visible appearance change. Not sure how much he eats as I feed them as I leave for work and then when I'm going to bed, but he doesn't seem lethargic, what is it? Shouldn't he have died by now if it was tetra disease? I am told severe is less then 24 hours slow is 72? To me if he was sick just the stress a lone so far would have killed him? All the others seem fine and happy. Also how could he have got neon tetra disease, he has never eaten a dead fish and this is the ONLY food I feed them and this is also my pleco food, non of which is live food? Blue Photograph White World Photography

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.