The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm setting up a planted tank with a turtle in it. Recently got a 4-pack Phillips bulb (23 watts, 6500K, 1600 lumens) and I only got one light fixture + timer.
I want to grow low light plants like Vallisnaria (sorry if i spell them wrong, its hard lmfao), duckweed, amazon swords, Red Ludwigia, Hornwort, Java Fern.
(This is a 29 Gallon High, the light fixture to the right is the light bulb above 23 watts...., the other 2 are basking lights. Ideally I would want the plant light in the middle illuminating the whole tank but idk, i'll maybe cut the egg crate to make it smaller)

3 questions:
Is my setup enough to keep them alive and possibly propagate? Should I put another light fixture on the left to compensate for the one on the right?
Any other plants I should look into? I asked on Reddit r/aquaswap if people had plants for sale and i got offered xmas moss, red root floaters, dwarf water lettuce (i had to turn down unfortunately because I live in Texas)
Does anyone know the lifetime on these lightbulbs? I saw a video on these cheap lights on EBay for like $25 for a 30 inch light. Maybe return these and get that instead? Ugh, im so worried because the first time I had plants they just died on me lmfao

Wood Window blind Cabinetry Interior design Musical instrument
Light Lighting Lamp Wood Automotive lighting
Musical instrument Musical instrument accessory Piano Keyboard Wood
Musical instrument Musical instrument accessory Piano Keyboard Wood

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.