The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think the plants a green hydro? I think it’s happy because it’s growing fast but the leaves are browning. I looked them up and read that they will brown under bright light. I can’t tell if mines browning because of light or if it needs some nutrients. Also I know the moss on the branch is brown because of light. I guess they don’t like much light haha. Tell me what you all think!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
629 Posts
Which Green Leaf Aquarium ferts are you dosing? mixed to what proportion?

You obviously have co2 running. Depending on how much co2 you have in there, you might be running lean on ferts with just 2 doses per week. And then there is ph. High ph might affect iron absorption with the type of iron the green leaf aquarium uses. Tough to tell since we don't know either. Maybe give a before co2 ph reading and a right before co2 off ph reading? Would help narrow down how much you are pushing your plants.

And then there is the fact that Hygrophila can turn a reddish hue under high light and lower nitrates. Is that brown kind of red?

As for your lights being too bright for moss, maybe not? Take a look at any ADA tank. They run some pretty bright lights and some heavy use of moss, depending on the scape. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.