The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had BBA quite heavily before (and beat it finally), but it usually manifests itself a bit different than this. Here is a large tough all comming from a single point... just want to double check that this is BBA. I know there is algea on the driftwood too, dont worry 'bout it I like the natural 'petina' look. I must say I have never had algea under complete control but the last few months have been the best my tank has been.

I am sure my CO2 levels have been lower than ideal the last week or two since my prefilter hasnt been cleaned in a while on my CO2 dispensing powerhead. I did get it cleaned up today. I'll keep an eye on it just to see what happens, and I also have several SAE's.

[click img to enlarge]

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
it is it is....low CO2 levels for sure

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright, just wanted the confirmation. :proud:
Its strange though that I havent seen BBA anywere else in the tank recently except for this one single spot, and its a pretty big tuf of it. I probably could pick it off since it seems to be a single stem, but I think I just want to study it and see what happens - unless leaving it there will somehow create more spores or something?

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
You can leave it and watch...experimentation is always a good thing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts