The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The pictures aren't great, new camera and I'm not quite sure how to use the settings for photo taking through glass.

I have the plant up high in my low light tank and it is alive, not really growing but is pretty nontheless. It has sent out lots of roots into the water column. If this is alternanthera, is it a water feeder or does it require planting and root ferts?

If it's not althernanthera, what could it be? It is quite striking.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
It looks just like what I know to be just Alternanthera reineckii. I have always planted mine in the gravel, but it might grow on a rock.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Alternanthera reineckii puts out more water roots than any plant I've ever grown. With all the water roots it puts out it just might be able to grow on a rock or wood.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
yeah. I have same stuff. got from yoink. I wouldnt be suprised if it grows in a rock with the mass of waterroots it has. I know it wil continue to grow just fine as a floater. cause when I have clippings I just toss them in to float in one of my other tanks. and the stems twist themselves all around to find light.

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Its aireal (Spelling?) roots guys. All our plants in the water put out water roots:tongue: .

Besides that everything given above looks great:icon_wink

-Andrew

·
Registered
2 Posts
alternanthera, Where to get some?

Beautiful pictures

I have been looking for some red temple. I would be willing to pay postage to get some or trade,I have lots of tennelus.

thanks

grobered

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.