The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
yes this is algae plus calcium from the water. bro your tank is very dirty, you have to change your water from the bottom. i think your water flow is weak too, you need a suitable flow in your tank. one of the reasons for calcium deposition in aquarium water is the high amount of minerals in the water, and sometimes the low level of CO2

· Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
yes this is algae plus calcium from the water. bro your tank is very dirty, you have to change your water from the bottom. i think your water flow is weak too, you need a suitable flow in your tank. one of the reasons for calcium deposition in aquarium water is the high amount of minerals in the water, and sometimes the low level of CO2
Yeah, i think the aquarium it came from was pretty dirty. i have a 793GPH canister filter on 75 gallon aquarium, but it's probably only doing around 250GPH at 52" of head-height. I put in a 300GPH HOB filter (without the filter pads) to add more flow, and still seems like barely enough. Do you think i should dip the moss in a 4TBS of peroxide per 10 gallon solution for 15 minutes? My TDS is 360, GH 8 KH 4.

· Registered
18 Posts
Yeah, i think the aquarium it came from was pretty dirty. i have a 793GPH canister filter on 75 gallon aquarium, but it's probably only doing around 250GPH at 52" of head-height. I put in a 300GPH HOB filter (without the filter pads) to add more flow, and still seems like barely enough. Do you think i should dip the moss in a 4TBS of peroxide per 10 gallon solution for 15 minutes? My TDS is 360, GH 8 KH 4.
dont waste your time with them, clean your tank first, change the water, prepare suitable amount of co2 for your tank (this moss need co2), then buy some fresh moss for your tank. In my experience, mosses need proper light, liquid fertilizer and clean water more than anything else

1 - 4 of 4 Posts