The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
1,410 Posts
No, it's just a fungus/mold/bacteria that is extremely common on wood when newly introduced to water. It will run its course in short order, wouldn't worry about it unless you just don't like looking at it.
Boiling the wood for several hours and/or bleach dipping may help reduce the blooms if it bothers you enough to take drastic steps.
 
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top