The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, my first post here.

I have a 40 gallon tank which is about 6 months old, which is planted with Green Hydrophilia, water wisteria and some bocopas.

I had issues with staghorn algae, and realised I had no additional carbon in my tank, and have moved to liquid carbon options as a way to supplement my tank. Its a quick fix but it worked.

I want to eventually invest in high quality lighting and add CO2, but I still want a healthy tank while I save for this.

Once this vanished from my tank, a brown algae, or something like it, has appeared and seems to be stifling my water wisteria in particular.

I have a bad feeling this might be blue green algae, although it isnt particularly slimy and comes off very easily.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
400 Posts
Its not BGA..you might reduce the photoperiod a bit. I think all looks fine..just give the plants time- like Bacopa to develop a bigger root system. It is one of my top stem plants of them all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.