The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered some plants off ebay and this is what the guy sent me. I told him I wanted a refund and this is what he had to say.

Those are not all the stems only 1 and also that plant looks like its alive and fine for the most part just because some leaves are gone doesn't mean the plant is dead also the image doesnt clearly show that the plant is dead so pls provide this and then I can send a refund.

What should I tell him to get my money back?

Plant Terrestrial plant Audio equipment Electrical wiring Cable

·
Registered
142 Posts
I ordered some plants off ebay and this is what the guy sent me. I told him I wanted a refund and this is what he had to say.

Those are not all the stems only 1 and also that plant looks like its alive and fine for the most part just because some leaves are gone doesn't mean the plant is dead also the image doesnt clearly show that the plant is dead so pls provide this and then I can send a refund.

What should I tell him to get my money back?

View attachment 1045989
hes not wrong it is just one plant out of how many you have gotten so the full story isnt shown for a good opinion tbh.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
I have to agree with Joeyvan as well. What about the rest of the plants? Also what plant is that? Some plants are more stiff then others. If some Brazilian Pennywort or hydrocotyle tripartita was sent to me in the mail, it could easily look like that by the time it came through on the other end because both of those are a bit floppy as plants go.

Anyway typically a plant like that is not sent alone, it would be sent with a bunch of other plants, like 6 or more stems per bundle. It's done this way because its not uncommon to get 1 or 2 bad stems in a bundle so if that happens you still have all the others growing well.

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
Yep, agree with the others. If it's one stem like that out of a bunch then no big deal. Shipping fragile plants is difficult and you can't expect them all to look perfect. Receiving less than the listing described or receiving dead plants is not acceptable, although the latter could be from a shipping delay and would not be sellers fault many times.

·
Temporarily suspended for violating sales limits
Waterbox Frag 105.4 High Tech
3,469 Posts
Usually sellers will indicate how big you can expect the trimmings to be to set expectations. There seems to be miscommunication of what to expect here. It will probably grow fine though so I would just roll with it and just don't buy from them again if you're unhappy with the sale. Also agree with others that technically they delivered the stems so I don't blame them for not refunding you

Honestly I would be unsatisfied with this purchase as well and don't blame you for being frustrated

·
Registered
73 Posts
That's pretty tough looking hygprophila. But it's a tough plant, I would cut the stem about two inches below the leaves and plant it with a root tab under it. The remaining stem I would throw in a jar and put in bright light and see what it does. And I wouldn't buy from that seller again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts